Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tuesday Talk: Neyo, ?uestlove and some other good stuff to read...

I was all set to put up my post last week, and now I feel it’s kinda outdated…so here’s some new stuff to talk about…

?uestlove detained at Buffalo Airport

How could they do this to the drumming teddy bear?


Apparently because he was carrying more cash than the average negro, he was detained for nearly an hour, then further humiliated when he got on the plane and the flight attendant decided to let everyone know that he was the reason the plane had been delayed.
Hard to be Black in America...meow.

Ne-yo Parties here and there...Ne-yo, Ne-yo EVERYWHERE!

Ne-Yo has his Album Release Last Night at the Ecko Loft on 23rd Street…I debated on going but after talking to the label rep, I gracefully declined and decided to watch Run’s House instead. I love the Simmons girls but I can’t help but notice the sadness in Justine’s eyes...I hope as time passes, things will get better, although I am sure they already have.

Back to Neyo real quick. So, I am slightly annoyed with the revolution that are these "fake" events for the fans. I mean, I guess I am UBER spoiled when it comes to these things...I haven't paid for an event since...I can't even tell you when. But tonight, they are having this event for Neyo at Avalon, which is already making me look for the snooze button since I can't deal with Avalon on any level...then you have the infamous "first 1000 ladies are free" drama, followed by the plug-in from the local radio station...it's just too much. Give me a red carpet, a stand and repeat, and I am good...I also like an open bar, such as the one provided at the Nas album release party (yeah, I am still talking about that one.) Anytime PATRON is a part of open bar, it's a serious event.

But I digress...

Today the ladies will take over Dr. Jay’s in Brooklyn for the NY launch of Pastry Footwear. You can check out their MySpace page here. I just got off the phone with a friend who happens to work at the “swanky hotspot” where the ladies will be having their private affair after the promo day at Dr. Jay’s. Since we know that Russell will be off with the heads of anyone who tries to test him, I can only tell you that there have been over 800 RSVPs, and the guest list is capped at 125…fun!

So, that means I won’t be there, but here is my open letter to the Simmons’ girls:

Hey Angela and Vanessa,

Congrats on the Pastry Collection! It’s nice to see two sisters come together for the greater good of footwear. As I was walking home yesterday in these boots that made my feet feel as if I were walking on coals, I wondered about where I’d be able to pick up those sneaks…

I hope you have fun at your party tonight, I wish I’d been invited, but I am not one of the cool kids in your cipher yet…until then…cheers! My boy Rodney LoveJones makes great Red Velvet cupcakes if you are ever looking for some epicure delights!

http://www.iambilljones.com/

Best,
Priceless CandyGirl




Moving on...

My daily habit is to pick up the New York Daily News and catch up on what's going on here in the big city...it allows me to focus less on my retarded daily commute. Here were a few highlights from today's paper:


Granny Takes a Toke at Freedom: Did you hear about this? I mean does the NYPD have nothing better to do? Frankly, she’s a pretty fly granny…I am not mad at her shades!

I’m under the general conclusion that Jim Farber is paid to write these reviews. I mean, he never has anything bad to say…and even when he does, he goes back to fluff. I also find the title to be extremely..."queen"-ish. I will leave that one right there.

Eve is back on the town…with a driver…and Tracy Morgan…dayum.

Missing the Old Monica Arnold...

So, Monica apparently fired back at people talking bad about her baby on Mediatakeout.com.

Introducing my Jacked Pic of the Day!





Now I am trying to figure out why she was at the Scrip (I meant to spell it that way) Club, and…OK, let me stop acting like I’ve never been to one. I didn't draw that circle either...some folks think she and Rodney Hill are no longer, but it doesn't appear that way since they were there together...


I went to Russell Simmons’ book launch last week at Stereo…hmmm…well, then I came across this clip from the infamous mediatakeout.com. Seems Russell has a problem with his patience or hearing, you know from all the music that has blasted in his ear for the past 20 years…or something like that. Power is a hell of a drug.

I’m done…until tomorrow!

~NP/PG ;)



No comments: