Thursday, September 20, 2007

Did you wear black today?

Hey all-

What a day! It's been peace walking around and seeing my fellow brothers and sisters in black and knowing why :) I honestly became emotional at one point.

What am I talking about? The Jena 6...please look this up if you haven't already, because the media has been extremely scarce in their reporting of this insane incident.

In celebration of just hearing on Wendy Williams that Mychal Bell will be released tomorrow (he's part of the Jena 6), I'd like to put a video up...a song I listened to this morning on my way to work:




It's not a game anymore folks...please be aware that we are in a police state. I walked from lunch with a friend today to see police (being assholes I might add...I wonder if that's part of the job description) with AK-47's on Broadway and 45th...we asked why and they gave some smart ass answer...I have to remember that most of them are not educated, but you know, I try to not let that factor in my thoughts of a person.

Anyways, hoping you wore black today...I was an avid protester in college and I fully believe in standing for the rights of those whom have been silenced due to the politics of America. Stand up people...the time is now.

Peace,
~NP/PG ;)

No comments: