Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Specials: King Mag review & the Afterparty, Cisqo is back (whoa) and other interesting tidbits you need...

Hi Kids-

***Please note: This post was edited and updated today, May 22...I am trying to get things together to do this more efficiently, but I appreciate your patience!***

It's been an awfully busy week. Mom's graduating with her Master's degree, parties galore and lots of chit chat.

So, where should I begin? Let's start with Datwon's party @ the 40/40:

Shay called me on Monday and said that Datwon Thomas from King was having a party on Tuesday...she didn't know the location, just that Charlemagne (from the Wendy Williams Experience) suggested she attend...so I got on my publicist game and started making some calls, which resulted in getting the skinny and making sure we were taken care of once we got there.


Couple of notable flicks:





Didn't see him...but I am starting to have a crush on Jeezy...or something like that...kinda glad I didn't see him, I'm in between old and new eyewear and contacts, and had no make-up so I wasn't feeling so ultra sexy...




Hen Roc and I go back to the Bad Boy intern days...I was a publicity intern and he worked with the street team...we'd go to party's in Liz's car, who was the video intern, attempting to crash with our IDs from Bertelsmann/BMG (when the offices were at 1540 Broadway) The 8th floor cafe had the BOMB ass buffalo wings...but with our $40/week salary as interns, we were lucky to cop that...metrocards were $17 bucks back then (1999) so it was all about pizza and understanding parents who'd give us an extra $20...wow, what a long ways we've come and still grinding! Good to see you Hen Roc...do you remember these stories I am telling?






This was a ridiculously awkward flick, as we were on the steps with about a million other people. I almost fell a few times, stepped on some poor girl's foot (she said "Damn ma, I think you broke skin") and it was just too much...I was like let's please get out of here before I embarrass myself. And Charlemagne, I don't appreciate you pushing past me to get Big Baby up to Datwon...still love you though ;)

Other folks in the building: Like Dat (Darra), NY Giants players (sorry I know NONE of you AT ALL as I do not have a clue about football beyond the fact that my Aunt is a big Dallas Cowboys fan and my dad was as well so I had the pajamas as a kid...my bad, tangent.) D Woods (very sweet girl who introduced herself to Shay) Meagan Good who I didn't see, but had I would have told her to check her girl at one of the other blogs I frequent who is a hater...damn another tangent...oh and of course I was there. I can't put the pic up with Shay and I, I look busted...I'ma get it together. Maybe that's why Johnny Nunez only took 13 pictures for wireimage.com? Hmmm. Anyway, you can check out other flicks on Crunk & Disorderly



ON TO MYST...


We went to Myst afterwards, where we saw:








DJ Kid Capri...hey, can you go spin down in ATL for a party? Call me! It was quite the hood fabulous event...haven't been to one like that in a while...packed with millions of people including this stink dude whom I politely asked about the birthday cake sitting in his area...I know you are out there and you need to watch yourself. K, bitch? Yes...you know I called that right too...

*Breathing* We had a lot of fun with Charlemagne and the crew...I was done for the rest of the week. We were doing way too many things...but nonetheless, good stuff. Let me hurry so I can get to my next post...here's some other stuff:





Schoolboy's Haircut is a big problem...

Is there nothing better for school officials to do than to harass this young man for a hair cut? I don't see any gang signs so what exactly is the issue here? Please. I smell a lawsuit. Word.





Did-dy...do it?

I debated on posting this link, however, Diddy has been quite the talkpiece this week...first, we have The Fake Janice Combs site, which is quite the chuckle. I mean, you tell me. Then, Diddy tried to beat up poor little Laurie Ann Gibson, his choreographer the past few seasons on Making the Band (yeah, another is coming...I know...) however, did Michael Bivins hit you? What gives him the balls? That Diddy juice is contagious...




D-list notes:


Often people call my own clients d-z listers, so these stories always interest me...especially because what's the A-list doing anyway? They are BORING. Think about it...do you see Will Smith getting his papparazin' on? NO. Not only because he has a good publicist (actually phenomenonal) but because what does he have time to toil about and get written up on? Pays (read: PAYS) to have a tight ship. So...Are Ice-T and Coco on the D-list or something? Hmmm.




OK, another post brews...and eventually I will catch up daily...stay with me!


Kisses,
NP/PG ;)