Wednesday, August 15, 2007

New day, New Post...

It's been a while since I wrote, and there are a lot of reasons. First off, I was completely scared after a series of events which I hate to say it, but I actually started it and it was all my fault. It resulted in me needing to walk away from the whole blog game...I wouldn't visit gossip blogs for over a month!

I often read other blogs I like, and I make comments. Those who know me know I am extremely sarcastic, and a smart ass...but I am a sweet lady. I just like being a bad girl sometimes, and I get carried away...well, not only did this bite me in the ass, but it taught me a lot about the folks like yourselves who sit and read these things on a daily basis.

It's a battle for me because I indulge in gossip and blogging. As a publicist, I have to know what's happening...my insight and inner circle keep me abreast of things, and I CHOOSE to not talk about these things, but sometimes I do...especially if I have knowledge on the matter.

For example, a partner of mine went to Turks and Caicos about two weeks ago, and saw some things that for lack of a better word, conflict accounts made on numerous blogs (if you recall, Turks and Caicos is where a very popular prime minister and his wife live...and I will leave it at that).

So, me being the person I am, I may make a comment...there are people that I may not know on a "talk on the phone" basis, but I know them because they may always see me with my partners, or we have some connection. So, I may say things like "Kelis is a nice girl..." Kelis is a person who I went to high school with, and whom I've had brief conversations...true story: I went to a party to try to talk to her about being her assistant after hearing she needed one on the air...some call it stalking, but I say I am a hustler and a go-motherfucking-getter.

Another one of my gripes on these other blogs are spelling errors, and grammar...not saying I am Webster, but there are dictionaries ONLINE these days...and some programs like FireFox even highlight misspelled words...this doesn't stop certain bloggers, so as a joke I'd correct them...well, apparently these bloggers have feelings...they can dish and can't take...and their groupie "commenters" come to their defense.

Well, I am officially off of my bullshit, and I am back. But how do I make it so I don't become one of them? Have you seen pics of these people? I can't understand how they talk about people when they clearly don't look in mirrors. I am no model, but when I got a look at some of these clowns, I was in shock and awe...like are you serious?

BUT for their defense, I really get annoyed with the celebrities who think they shouldn't be talked about..."We want our privacy..." and all that other bullshit.

Well *Ring Ring*...the clue phone is ringing, so pick this up...don't become a celebrity if you don't want to be looked at or talked about...because it's a part of the business...it's SHOW BUSINESS. If you want privacy, be behind the scenes...k, bitch? Yeah, I am talking to YOU. And you know who you are...

There are some celebs who you'd really never know what the hell was going on with them...take notes. Don't think you can be a Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan...it's nothing to aspire to, unless that is your business. If you want to be the party girl or dude that fucks everyone, get ready because there are ALWAYS consequences...unless you are good at what you do, which means you pay the photographers to not say anything, or you make sure you establish a relationship with these cats so that they will kiss your ass...I see and read these posts ALL the time.

...but even then, just leave it alone...it's all about finding your niche in this business.

So with that...I blog, therefore I am...but I was WAY before the blog...

Stay tuned...and yeah, be a little afraid, too.

And for Nick Cannon fans, I just saw him downstairs at Junior's...I am doing a little stint at MTV this week...he's cute and little, has excellent skin...I want that Louis Vuitton backpack he had on man...it was pretty dope. I didn't say hi for fear of being called a groupie...but Hi Mr. Cannon :)

Smooches and Candy Kisses,
~NP/PG ;)

5 comments:

Test said...

I am doing a little stint at MTV this week...
Did the janitorial service have an opening?

he's cute and little, has excellent skin...
You saw all that? Just how close up on the damn boy were you?

I want that Louis Vuitton backpack he had on man...it was pretty dope.
Don't worry, there's hope you can always get a knock-off at the beauty supply store.

I didn't say hi for fear of being called a groupie...but Hi Mr. Cannon :)

Sweetie, all you are is a groupie/STAN that is overly obsessed with superstardome. Get a real job. Ain't nobody stuttin you.

Unknown said...

Blogging is VERY time consuming and to do it well can be difficult with all the attending of events etc. but I guess you ahve found that out. I think it is good you are blogging but never forget that it is a REAL job!

:)

Your tidbits are HOT. I am sending you some of my latest haps! See you out again soon!

Tia-

Priceless CandyGirl said...

Hi Test!

My first hater! Why, how are you? I am confused...how am I a groupie/STAN? Did I run up to him? Or am I mentioning that I saw him, similar to a celebrity sighting? I'm just curious...

Priceless CandyGirl said...

Hey TIA!

Thanks for your tip...you are so right, it is extremely hard...harder than I thought! From going to the event, to getting 4 hrs. of sleep and then trying to make sense of it all...it's crazy.

Later chica, thanks for stopping by :)

Priceless CandyGirl said...

Oh, and to answer your questions, TEST:

No, sorry...I am not working as a janitor...I won't bother saying where, but I am not cleaning floors, otherwise I wouldn't have time to blog...

LV? Well I like the bag, but I wouldn't settle for a beauty supply store...I wonder how you knew the knock-offs are sold there...you have a pretty good eye for detail, huh?

I wouldn't say I am obsessed...passionate for media is more like it...but I guess we will have that talk when I get to the top ;) See you there.