Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tuesday Going-Ons...KRS-ONE, Usher Pulls a Trump and all this other mess you are obsessed with...

Hi Kids!

Disclaimer: I'm happy to say I've learned how to place clips such as videos on here, but I still have yet to grasp the concept of creating links that don't take you away from my page...I am working on it, so bear with me...thanks! :)

Let's start with the Clip of the Day:



So, because we are pretty much in the midst of a silent genocide to end Hip-Hop (today I will blame Nas...just kidding), who should the major media networks call so they can attempt to try to make a mockery of something that "is the most giving community in the history of American pop culture," according to Russell Simmons (courtesy of "Do You"). I'm not too sure what the journalist was trying to accomplish, but I just can't deal with any more rappers trying to defend hip-hop to people who will clearly never understand the meat and potatoes of it.

Open letter to all Rappers:

Hello Bitches and Hoes Rap Community:

Hi! Some of you know me, and some of you don't. That's OK, that's the purpose of writing letters.

Over the past few weeks, I've seen a flurry of you jump to get the chance to state your case on shows such as 60 minutes, Fox News and the like...and well, you guys are making me just a tad nervous. You see, some people who didn't grow up the way you did, have a pretty hard time understanding your lyrics. Just look at video shown above behind KRS-ONE, does that song even contain the N-word in it (help me out Nelly, I can't remember, and I only have seen the BET edit version)? Or was it that we looked "niggardly" enough to make the arguments these folks put up on a daily basis.

Well...I think KRS-ONE has a point, so it makes me wonder who casted the first stone against Hip-Hop in all this? So my reccomendation as a publicist is to come up with some fancy-smancy answer to these folks, and it should just basically say "Hey guy, I don't wanna be involved." I just don't think you guys should respond to this tomfoolery, as I only see it as a way for them to try to control the one thing we have fought hard to keep in the family...and that would be Hip-Hop.

So, please. Don't cave in to their alterior motives. Or we may find yet another plane crash with another great, or better yet, a "War" (read: Dipset) resulting in us losing yet another person whom some kid out there is motivated enough to want to change their lives and not just gang bang like they want us to believe.

Think about it. Get at me...let's talk about it.

With Scratches and Beats,
PG
********************************
OK, done with the PSA...onto the goings-on this weekend:

Usher Fires (or retires) Mom as Manager and Publicist, Effective Immediately

Usher really lets it burn with his mom. According to this article on CNN.com, there's no hard feelings. Damn, you have a dope publicist. What a great buildup to this album...way to bring it home. Then on my ride this morning I read that he's also released Simone Smalls as publicist. I happen to know who the new publicist is, but I need to check in with them to make sure it's cool for me to reveal that, so I'll let you know...

Sanjaya's New York's Next Candidate for Companionship?

So since I didn't watch American Idol but I did watch some of the news on this guy, I simply can't imagine why...I just cant. If they put this Sanjaya kid on I Love New York, I am cancelling my cable subscription...OK, I think that's too drastic. But you tell me...they aren't serious, right?

Paris...oh Paris...

It appears Paris is not ready to be someone's bitch, so she's appealing her 45 day jail sentence...but gee, something made me think you'd like being someone's bitch...

Chris Brown's Sweet 18

Chris Brown had a party Sunday night, but I wasn't there so I'm not talking about it and I don't want to post any pictures. Go to YBF for that. YBF hates me because I like to talk about grammar alot in the comments section, but that's OK, I still read her blog...gives me a good laugh and is somewhat knowledgable. Hopefully my ass-kissing earns me a spot on her hot blogs list...we shall see.

Tonight will be Bobby Valentino's album release party...I'll let you know how that goes. Wednesday I got Buckeey coming into town for a photo shoot and Amy Winehouse's event...should be a real cool look...I'll let you know about that too...

Blog & Web Watchin'

What team are you on exactly, DL? Was this your big chance to get a job with Jay Leno? Hmm...I did laugh, but I don't think he needed to say all of this (YBF)

When did Solange Knowles change her baby's name to Juelz? I thought his name was Daniel. I really busted out laughing when I saw this. I mean, it's a good idea and all, but can the kid have the childhood his aunties didn't? Dayum!
(allhiphop.com, via C & D)

Ron Artest gets Community Service for Beating his wife. Sorry, I just couldn't come up with anything witty since I don't condone Domestic Violence.
(ESPN)

Does anyone care? I mean everybody knows you aren't famous until someone says your gay, right? (Hip and Pop)

That's all for now folks...make it a great week!I've figured out where these bloggers are getting pics so I'll have some more visuals next post...thanks for reading!

~NP/PG ;)

1 comment:

FOL said...

Oh God...Is this the real you?
I enjoyed it. I never would have imagined you could be so...so, brusque; almost. Heh.

I have to read the comments box on YBF to see what's been annoying them.

On the hip-hop artistes on mainstream media. I think they have been awful and as you suggested, they have been set up to fail.