Thursday, August 16, 2007

DJ Priceless & A letter to Foxy...

Sup candies!

Last night after my gig, I stopped by the Hennessy "Art of Mixing" party at Pacha...I think it's the old Sound Factory which I spent all of 7 minutes in when it was open...just wasn't my scene. Pacha is alot sexier...and for the evening, we had a dancer on the elevator, which led us to the lair of mixing...

My only issue is it was a "House, Indie Rock & Mashups" party...I'm OK with all music (even folk) but I guess sometimes I am just in the mood to hear cursing and what not. I know, ignorant, but still a good release...however, I wasn't completely mad...just wasn't dancing, ya know?

Anyways, it wasn't as completely packed as my client, Tyson Hall (www.tysonhall.com), said it was when Cornerstone did the same event at PM a few months back...I call it the Beverly Bond effect. To me, certain parties just aren't parties without certain DJs...my top 3 right now for NY parties?

1. D-Nice: He's the DJ in your head...just knows how to throw on the right tune at the right time.

2. Stretch Armstrong: Back in '98 @ ReBar, now demolished to make room for more expensive condos, was the place to be on a Tuesday night. Big Frank and Roland (both promoters in NYC) would see the likes of celebs mixed with regulars in a very cramped spot...but for Armstrong, it was worth the trip.

3.Beverly Bond: She's just a girl's DJ...she looks real sexy for the dudes as she spins, but her plays are for us.

Moving on...

I had the unfortunate task of buying today's Daily News and Ms. Foxy Brown once again adorns the cover. Seems she got into a little argument with a neighbor and displayed the Naomi Campbell effect by smacking the chick with her Blackberry. Funny thing is, I saw this article in an African Business magazine about the purpose of their Blackberry's...wonder what Foxy's ad would look like? Anyways, read
here. (Right click to open to a new window).

Seems it's time for a letter:

Dear Foxy:
Sup ma? Saw you at that mess that they called the Urban something awards at the Hammerstein Ballroom...I was the one screaming your name somewhere in the middle of the audience, cause I couldn't believe you were there.
OK, I will get to the point. You do realize that this little incident is gonna have you on the Lil' Kim program, right? And I don't think you'll be able to pull those antics in jail...although, I could never see you being someone's...well, bitch.

Either way, good luck with this. I mean, since you just signed that deal with Koch and all, I think you could probably just go ahead and do one of those infamous "Rap Over Phone" albums...

Respectfully Submitted,
Priceless Candygirl

In PR Stunting News:

Books are the new pink (why hasn't this always been a good look?) Apparently, having a Lindsay Lohan or Poshy Spice Girl carry your book causes folks to run to the bookstores...don't believe me? See
here.


More to come...
~NP/PG ;)


No comments: