Friday, August 24, 2007

A very LOADED Post on a Friday... (originally written 8.24.07)

Hey candies-

What a week! I wanted to be here more often as I promised, but I started a new freelance assignment in a different department at MTV and was busy ALL day! Monday and Tuesday, however, I really just wasn't in the mood. I was off those days but I was a little 'tudish (when I have a attitude) so I didn't bother. Plus I only have maybe 5 people reading this rag via blog, so really, I didn't think it would matter...but that's not how winners think, so thus, I present today's post.

Let's start with a video or two to reminicse. Today's pick is none other that Tevin Campbell...OK, I hear you (no you did NOT go there NIC!) Let's keep it funky though...the following songs will forever be favorites:



This was Tevin's first release as a solo artist. I double checked
mP3.com to make sure I was right, and the quote goes "It's assured that Campbell first came to the notice of music fans just after his 11th birthday in late 1989 when he appeared on Jones' LP Back on the Block and was featured on "Tomorrow (A Better You, Better Me)," which hit number one on the R&B charts in June 1990." Also, you'll notice a cameo by none other than the "girl who went upstairs to her room and never came back down" chickie from the hit sitcom Family Matters (hint: she's singing in the choir).

Hmmm...Quincy Jones and young black boys has never really been a great combination; just ask Michael Jackson. So it was no surprise of course when he ended up outing himself in Sister2Sister magazine in 2000 or 2001 by stating he was trisexual, meaning he'd try anything at least once. The sexy young boy I fell in love with on the playground in the 6th grade was slowly diminished. Damn.


Ah, well...moving on:



I love this song too. Damn Tevin, why?

********************************

Solange Knowles and the Spotlight

My boy was handling coordination of the guest list for this event, so I inquired about interview Solange. Here's the e-mail:

from XXX Events Aug 17 (7 days ago)
to nicole price
date Aug 17, 2007 5:49 PM
subject Re: RSVP for Tuesday's Showcase/Interview Request
mailed-by gmail.com

Hi Nicole,
I've put you on the guest list for the event but i'm not sure if you will have interview time with Solange. I've forwarded your request to our publicity department and they will review it and get back to you ASAP.

-FIN-

So I wondered...why would she pass up press? I mean, I know I am just some random blogger/publicist/writer/jack of many trades, but it's my thought that bloggers hold more power than people would like to think (and some think they are now THE SHIT, but I will save that for another day when I feel like being a bitch).

And then the reports started coming in...I didn't go because I just wasn't feeling that day AT ALL...it had been raining since Sunday; the stars just weren't aligned for such an affair. Vivica's party was the same night, as well as Swiss Beatz (whom I've written about on this blog before).

Solange + Singing = ??????

Look I wasn't there...but I guess this is what I think. I think she's pretty, has really grown into her looks since first seeing her appear as a dancer on the DC tours back in early 2000...I do remember seeing her solo performance during that time...it was a dance routine, sort of Martha Graham or Lester Horton inspired.

Well...Martha Graham it was NOT. But she was a kid, so she got a pass. Then she released that album that no one knows the name of...I mean...here's my point. I think it's great that Bey and those two or three girls, depending on the season, built the empire. But I guess it's like when you are raising children. They are unique, so each has their own gift...I'm thinking there are way too many YES folks around her...

Vivica's Super Sweet 40-something B-Day

Unfortunately, I didn't go to Viviva's bday, but I heard the outside was sheer madness...Ra-Fael Blanco held this illustrious affair, so I know it was in good hands...however it just wasn't in me to go...therefore I can't talk about it, but I can say that Vivica looked her age and I was happy about that. No booty shorts circa the MTV VMA's '05...*wiping forehead*

Jonathan Jaxson and Gay Hollywood

I saw this dude's
link via Mediatakeout.com, so of course I indulged myself...I thought it was interesting that he'd outed so many black people, and I returned the next day to see he'd updated the list with some lesbians (both black and white).

My thought was: Word? Dayum. I really have nothing more to say about this...he's accurate on a few, though...for example, he mentioned one actor whom I heard was at a swinger's party getting it in the....from not one but two different MEN throughout the course of the evening and this was no less than 3 weeks ago (NO I WAS NOT THERE DAMN YOU!) Smile now...and sorry, no hints. I like him so I was saddened by the news, just cause I am like dude if you are gay...actually I will give it away if I go there.

The information was valid, as I know this person to be a swinger promoter for some years now. There are others whom I've heard random tales from friends in the industry. It's just funny this is coming from a gay white dude...even HE KNOWS that black folks are the heart and soul of real dough...I'm positive the traffic since MTO talked about it has been BIG.

I also wonder if some celebs and exec's were scared to see if there name was on there, especially if they aren't outwardly practicing their sexuality. Either way, I am really over the fascination of people's sexual histories. Unless YOU are sleeping with these people, why do you honestly care? I've been around Gays and Lesbians my whole life, especially while being a student at LaGuardia High School of the Arts...guess I am just over it.


Peace folks...

~NP/PG ;)

1 comment:

Figs said...

Hey Boo, Dionne here! Checking out your spot. I'll be back for my dose of gossip...with a conscience of course!